12 SOUND AND IMAGE AWARDS
WON SECOND RUNNER UP SPEAKER ABOVE $5000
The JBL 4425 studio monitor, introduced in 1985, was the company’s first bookshelf compression driver system with a Bi-Radial horn and large-format woofer, designed to give true studio performance in transportable size without the need for subwoofer augmentation.
The new JBL 4429 incorporates a number of important improvements over the 4425 and its successors. A UHF transducer, an improved HF compression driver and horn design, a new crossover network and improved internal bracing combine to give the 4429 an advantage in the naturalness, clarity and detail of its sound relative to previous models.
Effortlessly delivering the full bandwidth and dynamics of the newest digital media – without suppression at any listening level – the 4429 reveals subtleties you may never before have experienced in recorded music. Every detail of the design and construction of this system has been directed toward a single goal: uncompromised sonic performance.
Featuring a massive, 300mm (12-inch) woofer, and large HF and UHF compression drivers with a one-piece SonoGlass horn, the 4429 delivers quick, tight bass, a natural, well-focused midrange and clear, distinct highs to create listening experiences with all the richness and detail of the original performances.
- Low-frequency transducer: 300mm (12") pure-pulp cone woofer
- High-frequency transducer: 50mm (1-3/4") titanium diaphragm
- Ultrahigh-frequency transducer: 19mm (3/4") titanium diaphragm
- Recommended amplifier power: 200 watts RMS
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 45kHz (–6dB)
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- Sensitivity: 91dB (2.83V/1m)
- Crossover frequencies: 800Hz, 7kHz
- Controls: Attenuators for MF and HF drivers
- Enclosure type: 25mm (1")-thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) stock, ported
- Connector type: Dual gold-plated five-way binding posts
- Finish: Topcoated walnut veneer
- Grille colour: Monitor Blue
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 400mm x 635mm x 300mm (15-3/4" x 25" x 12")
- Weight: 32.3kg (71 lb)