The SVS Prime Wireless Speaker System represents a seismic shift in the world of audio because it refutes the notion that smart wireless speakers can’t provide a thrilling and immersive listening experience. Prime Wireless powered speakers delivers crisp, accurate and full range sound with stunning dynamic impact and a convincing stereo image, marrying that experience with smart speaker control and future-facing connectivity. Finally, a wireless speaker system for the modern audiophile.
Smart. Immersive. Magic.
A perfect fusion of intelligent control, endless versatility, future-facing connectivity options and most importantly, immersive, reference quality sound; the SVS Prime Wireless Speaker System delivers all the benefits of a powered wireless smart speaker with uncompromising acoustic design and performance. Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, Internet Radio and all your favorite streaming content can be accessed and controlled from a smartphone or mobile device to create a simple and seamless total entertainment experience.
SVS achieved reference quality sound by giving the Prime Wireless Speaker System true stereo separation from an active-passive speaker pair, a massively powerful 200 watt four-way internal amplifier, a sophisticated 192kHz/24-bit DAC and a brilliantly tuned digital crossover. Wireless audio is no longer just for background music, this is sound quality that begs you to turn it up.
Magic happened when this uncompromising acoustic design was combined with WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, convenient front panel presets, multi-room/multi-zone playback and advanced connectivity options that let it play with nearly any device. Now, you can enjoy streaming services, Internet Radio, podcasts, audiobooks and all your favorite playlists and downloads, with audiophile quality sound.
At last… convincing, immersive sound goes wireless.
True Stereo Separation for More Immersive and Natural Sounding Music
The Prime Wireless Speaker System presents an accurate and convincing stereo image from a true 2-channel active-passive speaker pair with crisp dynamics, neutral voicing, a massive soundstage and powerful dynamics. Compact “all-in-one” wireless speakers with virtual stereo output do music an injustice because they lack the ability to render pinpoint imaging where instruments, voices and sound effects are heard emanating from a specific location in space. With true stereo separation, Prime Wireless delivers a more immersive experience, no matter what the content or volume level.
Powerful 200 watt (50 watts x 4) Amplifier
Commanding Class-D amplifier delivers 50-watts to each driver for effortless power and room-energizing dynamic impact with revealing clarity, even at reference volume.
192kHz/24-Bit DAC For Pristine Sound Quality from All Sources
Maintains complete faithfulness to the source material so music and all audio content sounds precisely as the artist or producer intended whether a user is streaming from Spotify, watching a Blu-Ray, listening to a podcast or anything else.
Active Digital Crossover for Bold and Explosive Sound with Revealing Clarity
By using an active digital crossover, SVS engineers could painstakingly tune the Prime Wireless Speaker System to achieve jaw-dropping sound quality not available from any other smart speaker. A function of the extremely powerful DSP engine, the active digital crossover maximizes performance of each driver by controlling power delivery and frequency response with absolute precision.
App-Based Control over WiFi
DTS Play-Fi app control lets you access music streaming services and audio content from any smartphone or tablet via WiFi and distribute it throughout your home.DTS Play-Fi Tutorial Videos
Dual-Band WiFi for Uninterrupted Wireless Streaming and Direct Access to All Your Music
DTS Play-Fi app enables direct connection to Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, XM Radio, Tidal, iHeart Radio and all the top music streaming sources as well as your personal playlists.
6 Custom Presets
6 custom presets for instant access via WiFi to your favorite playlists, Internet Radio stations and streaming music services without needing a phone or tablet.
Voice control of music from any Alexa device on your WiFi network is as simple as “Alexa, play reggae in the living room” and you can adjust volume, skip track forward, mute, pause and stop the music.
High-Resolution Multiroom Audio
Play different music in different rooms or play the same music everywhere using your WiFi network and control it all from your handheld devices.
Game-Changing Connectivity Options
- Dual-band WiFi for direct streaming from a home network without requiring a mobile device.
- Bluetooth with aptX and AAC for the highest fidelity wireless streaming from iOS or Android smartphones or tablets.
- Connect directly to a computer to create a desktop audiophile system.
- Optical and line level inputs for high fidelity sound from TVs, gaming consoles, CD players, AV receivers, turntables and more.
- USB port for charging mobile devices or adding an SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter to make your subwoofer connection fully wireless.
- Ethernet input for hard-wired Internet connection.
Bring on the Bass with Subwoofer Output
Subwoofer output allows easy connection to your favorite SVS or other brand of subwoofer for deeper bass and a more-thrilling and immersive experience.
Acoustically Optimized 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter and High-Output 4.5” Midrange Driver
Lightweight yet stiff driver materials deliver an airy and unveiling sound with pinpoint accuracy, crisp speed in transients and room-energizing dynamic output.
Standing out among the crowd of bookshelf speakers is no easy task, yet the Prime Bookshelf defies convention to outperform reference monitors costing twice as much or more. Every aspect of the Prime Bookshelf speaker was designed for sonic excellence. From the premium grade driver and sophisticated SoundMatch crossover to the extra-thick baffle, internal bracing, and FEA optimized tweeter diffuser, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s design and engineering credentials put it in the realm of much costlier, and much larger speakers.
Prime Driver & Tweeter Design
Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 6.5-inch woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that’s free from coloration. The cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies. Low frequency extension is shockingly deep and effortless considering the cabinet size and the Prime Bookshelf speaker can hit reference volume with amazing clarity, no distortion and headroom to spare.
The Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes. The clarity offers a sense of utter transparency, while offering an ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue and high pitched sound effects and musical content always sound crisp, smooth and natural.
Innovative SoundMatch Crossover Design
Since premium drivers require an equally capable crossover, no expense was spared with the innovative SVS SoundMatch 2-way crossover. Its tapered array is designed to minimize the potential for beaming. This creates an expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, with accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design and Geometry
Tapered edges on the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s front baffle, known as chamfers, minimize edge diffraction for clear and precise soundstaging. The cabinet’s presence offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements like shorting rings and a tweeter diffuser which add performance-driven style. All advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that’s easily mountable anywhere, and available in stunning piano gloss black or premium black ash finish.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Frequency Response: 52Hz-25kHz (±3 dB)
Active Speaker Cabinet Dimensions:
- 260mm (H) X 155mm (W) X 183.22mm (D)
- 10.24" (H) X 6.10" (W) X 7.21" (D)
Passive Speaker Cabinet Dimensions:
- 260mm (H) X 155mm (W) X 160.4mm (D)
- 10.24" (H) X 6.10" (W) X 7" (D)
- Active Speaker Weight Unboxed: 4.33kg / 9.55lbs
- Passive Speaker Weight Unboxed: 3.96kg / 8.73lbs
- Packaged Weight System Pack: 9.27kg / 20.44lbs
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5" Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
- Dual Class-D Power Amps for Discrete Driver Bi-amplification
- 200 watt (50 watt x 4) RMS Power
- Digital controlled tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2kHz (12dB/octave slope)
Speaker Cabinet Specs:
- Finish Options: Piano Gloss Black and Piano Gloss White
- 2.36” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Protective cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Left/Right RCA Input Impedance: 20K
- 3.5mm Aux Input Impedance: 20K
- Optical Input: S/PDIF receiver works at a wide range of sampling frequencies between 18 kHz and 96 kHz
- Subwoofer Output: 2V Auto Detecting Low Pass Filter: An active Low Pass Filter at 80Hz is engaged when subwoofer detected
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response