Phono Equalizer Unit AD-2850
AD-2850 is the dedicated phono equalizer unit. Analog records can be reproduced with high quality by installing AD-2850 in a rear-panel slot. The AD-2850 features separate input circuitry for MC and MM cartridges to ensure optimum matching and realize outstanding S/N ratio. 2 sets of analog-player input jacks, the AD1 and AD2 are equipped, and their selections are switchable with the INPUT selector of pre-amplifiers.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise bipolar-transistors for MC cartridges.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise junction-FET for MM cartridges.
- Differential RIAA equalizer circuit is designed to provide super accurate RIAA equalization characteristics.
- MC Load settings are selectable from among 4 values “10Ω/30Ω/100Ω/300Ω”. The input impedance for both MM settings is 47kΩ.
- Storing separate MC Load and/or AD GAIN settings for each installed AD input (AD1 and/or AD2) is available, and it enables the smooth switching of 2 kinds of analog players or tone arms.
- The printed circuits are made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin.
Compatibility with other pre-amplifiers (C-2820/C-2420 etc)
The AD-2850 can be used in the models C-2820/C-2810/C-2800/C-2420/C-2410/C-2400/C-290V/C-290. However, the 300 ohm position for the MC impedance can be used only in the models C-2850/C-2820/C-2420, because other models have no corresponding selector position on the front panel. Also, the actual gain will be different from the indication of the AD gain selector knob as follows. MC: 60dB, 70dB, MM: 30dB, 40dB.